Dr. Chung Ho Yin is a Clinical Assistant Professor in Rheumatology at the University of Hong Kong. He received specialist training and was an Associate Consultant at Queen Mary Hospital. He was a council member of the Hong Kong Society of Rheumatology and is currently the associate editor of the Hong Kong Bulletin on Rheumatic Diseases. He was a medical researcher at Leiden University in the Netherlands. He was also a research partner in the Devenir des Spondylarthropathies Indifférenciées Récentes (DESIR) cohort under the French Society of Rheumatology in 2010. His areas of interest include clinical aspects of and Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Spondyloarthritis. His research articles have been published in numerous international journals including an Editor’s Choice in Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases
- Clinical aspects of and Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Spondyloarthritis
- Chung HY*, Nigel TJ Smith, Yeung CK, Mok MY. Degos’ disease: a rare condition simulating rheumatic diseases. Clin Rheumatol 2009; 28: 861-863
- Chung HY*, Lau CS, Wu KP, Wong WS, Mok MY. Comparison of performance of the Assessment of SpondyloArthritis International Society, the European Spondyloarthropathy Study Group and the modified New York criteria in a cohort of Chinese patients with spondyloarthritis. Clin Rheumatol. 2011 Jul; 30(7): 947-53.
- Chung HY*, Machado P, van der Heijde D, D’Agostino MA, Dougados M. HLA-B27 positive patients differ from HLA-B27 negative patients in clinical presentation and imaging: results from the DESIR cohort of patients with recent onset axial spondyloarthritis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2011 Nov; 70(11): 1930-6.
- Chung HY*, Mok MY, Wong WS, Lau CS. Improvement in diagnostic delay in spondyloarthritis patients over time but disease control is still inadequate. Hong Kong Bulletin on Rheumatic Disease 2011 Dec; 11(2): 48-52
- Chung HY*, Machado P, van der Heijde D, D’Agostino MA, Dougados M. Smokers in early axial spondyloarthritis have earlier disease onset, more disease activity, inflammation and damage, and poorer function and health related quality of life: results from the DESIR cohort. Ann Rheum Dis 2012 Jun; 71(6): 809-16. (Editor’s choice)
- HL Tsang, HY Chung, MY Mok, CS Lau. Kinase Inhibitors for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis. Hong Kong Bulletin on Rheumatic Diseases 2012; 12: 43-49.
- Chung HY*, Cynthia YY Chan, Tsang HHL, Au YL, Lau CS. The socio-economic impacts on household income, employment status, need for public assistance, and marriage opportunities in patients with Spondyloarthritis: A comparison with the Hong Kong population. Hong Kong Bull Rheum Dis 2013; 13: 39-46.
- Au YL, Wong WS, Mok MY, Chung HY, Chan E, Lau CS. Disease activity assessment in ankylosing spondylitis in a Chinese cohort: BASDAI or ASDAS? Clin Rheumatol. 2014 Jul 1.
- Ngan W, Chiu PK, Chung HY. Primary Sjogren Syndrome masquerading as a false-positive Venereal Disease Research Laboratory and Fluorescent Treponemal Antibody Absorption Test in an elderly woman. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2014 Sep; 62(9):1817-1818.
- Chen Y*, Chung HY*, Zhao CT, Wong A, Zhen Z, Tsang HHL, Lau CS, Tse HF, Yiu KH Left ventricular myocardial dysfunction and premature atherosclerosis in patients with axial Spondyloarthritis Rheumatology(Oxford). 2015 Feb; 54(2): 292-301.
- Wong PYS, Chung HY^, A patient suffering from rapidly progressive peripheral Spondyloarthritis. Hong Kong Bull Rheum Dis. 2015; 15:57-61.
- KMK Ng, TT Cheung, CS Lau, HY Chung* The role of magnetic resonance imaging in a patient with rheumatoid arthritis presented with lymphedema-like swelling: a case report. Hong Kong Bull Rheum Dis. Nov 2016.
- CWS Chan, HHL Tsang, CS Lau, HY Chung^. Male smokers with HLA-B27 positivity, SI joints inflammation have more radiological damages and higher prevalence of AS while females have higher BASDAI scores: observations from cluster analyses of a group of SpA patients. Hong Kong Bull Rheum Dis. 2016; 16(2): 42-47.
- Cynthia YY Chan, Tsang HHL, Lau CS, Chung HY^. Prevalence of depressive and anxiety disorders and validation of the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale as a screening tool in Axial Spondyloarthritis patients. Int J Rheum Dis. 2017 Mar; 20(3): 317-325.
- Chung HY*, X. Xu, V Lau, G Ho, KL Lee, P Li, H Tsang, SK Kwok, CS Lau, CS Wong. Comparing diffusion weighted imaging (DWI) with clinical and blood parameters, and with short tau inversion recovery (STIR) sequence in detecting spinal and sacroiliac (SI) joint inflammation in axial Spondyloarthritis (axSpA). Clin Exp Rheumatol, 2017 Mar-Apr; 35(2):262-269.
- Liu JH, Ng MY, Cheung T, Chung HY, Chen Y, Zhen Z, Zou Y, Mak KF, Khong PL, Lau CS, Tse HF, Yiu KH. Ten-year progression of coronary artery, carotid artery, and aortic calcification in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Rheumatol. 2017 Apr; 36(4): 807-816.
- Tsang HHL, HY Chung^ The discriminative values of BASDAI, ASDAS, C-reactive protein and erythrocyte sedimentation rate in spondyloarthritis related axial arthritis. J Clin Rheumatol. 2017 Aug; 23(5):267-272.
- CWS Chan, HY Chung, CS Lau, HHL Tsang. Spontaneous pneumomediastium in a dermatomyositis patient with anti-melanoma differentiation-associated gene-5 antibody and interstitial lung disease despite an initial response to immunosuppressant. Int J Rheum Dis. 2017 Jun 4. Doi:10.1111/1756-185X. 13112.
- PH Li, TJ Watts, MS Lui, CS Lau, HY Chung^. Recall Urticaria in Adalimumab Hypersensitivity. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2017 Nov 22. pii: S2213-2198(17)30877-2. Doi: 10.1016/j.jaip.2017.10.03
- The 9th Guangdong-Hong Kong Rheumatology Seminar Outstanding Free Paper Award Bronze Prize (2014)
- Hong Kong Rheumatololgy Society research fund (2014): Quantitative assessment of the Ankylosing Spondylitis severity by using Diffusion Weighted Imaging in 3T magnetic resonance imaging. (HK$80,000)
- HKU Seed Fund for Basic Research (2018): To assess the relationship between serum Dickkof-1 and sclerostin levels with disease activity in patients with axial spondyloarthritis. (HK$149, 925)
- Council Member of the Hong Kong Society of Rheumatology
- Associate Editor of the Hong Kong Bulletin on Rheumatic Diseases
- Chung HY*, Mok MY. Early diagnosis of spondyloarthropathies. Hong Kong Medical Journal 2006;11:3
- Chung HY*, Mok MY, Lo Y, Wong RW. Eligibility of anti-tumour necrosis factor-α treatment in patients with ankylosing spondylitis in Hong Kong according to the Assessment of SpondyloArthritis (ASAS) group recommendation. Hong Kong Medical Journal 2009;1:S1 p15
- Chung HY*, Update on treatments in spondyloarthritis. Journal of the Society of Physicians of Hong Kong; Jan 2013; vol 5, no 1; 8-9.
- Chung HY*^. Hong Kong Research Review Education Series: Axial Spondyloarthritis. 2014.