Dr KWOK Wang Chun Herbert
Clinical Assistant Professor
Dr. Herbert Kwok obtained his MBBS degree from the University of Hong Kong. He completed his specialty training in Respiratory Medicine and Advanced Internal Medicine at the Queen Mary Hospital. He joined the Department of Medicine, the University of Hong Kong, as a Clinical Assistant Professor subsequently.
Dr Kwok’s research interests include airway diseases including asthma, bronchiectasis and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases. Lung cancer is another area that Dr. Kwok is actively working on. He was awarded the Li Shu Fan Fellowship for Internal Medicine to support his study in phenotyping and therapeutics of airway diseases.
Dr. Kwok was awarded the Assembly Education Award [Respiratory Structure and Function Assembly] and [Respiratory Infections (non-tuberculous) Assembly] in the 26th Congress of the Asia Pacific Society of Respirology 2022, best oral presentation in the 8th Asia Pacific Region Conference of International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (2022), Asian Pacific Society of Respirology Teaching Library Award (2019), best Abstract of the Assembly (Clinical Respiratory Medicine) in the 22nd Congress of the Asia Pacific Society of Respirology (2017) and Professor Wah-kit Lam Young Investigator Award 2017/2018 in recognition of his research work.
- Committee Member, Scientic Committee And Newsletter and Website committee, Hong Kong Thoracic Society, CHEST Delegation Hong Kong & Macau, Hong Kong Lung Foundation
- Young Fellow, Respiratory Specialty Board, Hong Kong College of Physicians
- Young Fellow, Scientific Committee, Hong Kong College of Physicians
- Assembly Education Award [Respiratory Structure and Function Assembly] 26th Congress of the Asia Pacific Society of Respirology 2022
- Assembly Education Award [Respiratory Infections (non-tuberculous) Assembly] 26th Congress of the Asia Pacific Society of Respirology 2022
- Best Oral presentation, 8th Asia Pacific Region Conference of International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (APRC 2022)
- Li Shu Fan Medical Scholarship for Internal Medicine 2020/21
- Asian Pacific Society of Respirology Teaching Library Award 2019
- Best Abstract of the Assembly (Clinical Respiratory Medicine) - 22nd Congress of the Asia Pacific Society of Respirology 2017
- Professor Wah-kit Lam Young Investigator Award Merit 2017-2018
- Blood eosinophil percentage as a predictor of response to inhaled corticosteroid in bronchiectasis. Clinical Respiratory Journal. (In press)
- Kwok WC, Ma TF, Ho JCM, Lam DCL, Sit KY, Ip MSM, et al. Prediction model on disease recurrence for low risk resected stage I lung adenocarcinoma. Respirology. 2023.
- Variability of blood eosinophil count at stable-state in predicting exacerbation risk of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. (In press)
- Kwok WC, Tam TCC, Sing CW, Chan EWY, Cheung CL. Validation of Diagnostic Coding for Asthma in an Electronic Health Record System in Hong Kong. J Asthma Allergy. 2023;16:315-21.
- Validation of diagnostic coding for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in an electronic health record system in Hong Kong, HKMJ (In press)
- Kwok WC, Ho JCM, Ma TF, Lam DCL, Chan JWM, Ip M, et al. Risk of hospitalised bronchiectasis exacerbation based on blood eosinophil counts. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2023;27(1):61-5.
- Kwok WC, Tsoi MF, Leung SHI, Tsui CK, Tam TCC, Ho JCM, et al. Real-World Study on Effectiveness of Molnupiravir and Nirmatrelvir–Ritonavir in Unvaccinated Patients with Chronic Respiratory Diseases with Confirmed SARS-CoV-2 Infection Managed in Out-Patient Setting. Viruses [Internet] 2023;15(3):610.
- Kwok WC, Tam TCC, Lam DCL, Leung JKC, Chan KPF, Chan SKS, et al. Worsening of asthma control after recovery from mild to moderate COVID-19 in patients from Hong Kong. Respir Res. 2023;24(1):53.
- Kwok WC, Leung SHI, Tam TCC, Ho JCM, Lam DC, Ip MSM, et al. Efficacy of mRNA and Inactivated Whole Virus Vaccines Against COVID-19 in Patients with Chronic Respiratory Diseases. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2023;18:47-56.
- Au PCM, Tan KCB, Lam DCL, Cheung BMY, Wong ICK, Kwok WC, et al. Association of Sodium-Glucose Cotransporter 2 Inhibitor vs Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 Inhibitor Use With Risk of Incident Obstructive Airway Disease and Exacerbation Events Among Patients With Type 2 Diabetes in Hong Kong. JAMA Netw Open. 2023;6(1):e2251177.
- Zouari F, Oon WY, Modak D, Lee WH, Kwok WC, Cao P, et al. Affordable, portable and self-administrable electrical impedance tomography enables global and regional lung function assessment. Sci Rep. 2022;12(1):20613.
- Kwok WC, Cheung KS, Ho JCM, Li B, Ma TF, Leung WK. High-dose proton pump inhibitors are associated with hospitalisation in bronchiectasis exacerbation. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2022;26(10):917-21.
- Kwok WC, Ma TF, Chan JWM, Pang HH, Ho JCM. A multicenter retrospective cohort study on predicting the risk for amiodarone pulmonary toxicity. BMC Pulm Med. 2022;22(1):128.
- Kwok WC, Ho JCM, Tam TCC, Ip MSM, Lam DCL. Serum protein level as a predictor of therapeutic response and adverse effects associated with afatinib use. J Thorac Dis. 2022;14(6):1880-9.
- Kwok WC, Tam AR, Ho JCM, Lam DCL, Tam TCC, Chan KPF, et al. Asthma, from mild to severe, is an independent prognostic factor for mild to severe Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Clin Respir J. 2022
- Kwok WC, Chiang KY, Ho JCM, Lam DCL, Ip MSM, Tam TCC. Risk factors of nephrotoxicity of maintenance pemetrexed in patients with metastatic non-squamous non-small cell carcinoma of lung. Lung Cancer. 2021;162:169-74.
- Kwok WC, Ho JCM, Tam TCC, Ip MSM, Lam DCL. Risk factors for Pseudomonas aeruginosa colonization in non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis and clinical implications. Respir Res. 2021;22(1):132.
- Kwok WC, Wong CK, Ma TF, Ho KW, Fan LW, Chan KF, Chan SS, Tam TCC, Ho PL. Modelling the impact of travel restrictions on COVID-19 cases in Hong Kong in early 2020. BMC Public Health. 2021;21(1):1878.
- Kwok WC, Cheong TF, Chiang KY, Ho JCM, Lam DCL, Ip MSM, Tam TCC. Haematological toxicity of pemetrexed in patients with metastatic non-squamous non-small cell carcinoma of lung with third-space fluid. Lung Cancer. 2020;152:15-20.
- Kwok WC, Liang BM, Lui MMS, Tam TCC, Sim JPY, Tse EWC, Leung AYH, Kwong YL, Lie AKW, Ip MSM, Lam DCL. Rapid versus gradual lung function decline in bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome after haematopoietic stem cell transplantation is associated with survival outcome. Respirology. 2019;24(5):459-66.