Dr. Lee joined the Department of Medicine as Clinical Assistant Professor in July 2015. He obtained his MBBS degree from the University of Hong Kong in 2006. Dr. Lee received his training in internal medicine, endocrinology and diabetes in Queen Mary Hospital.
Research interests of Dr. Lee include adipokines and other endocrine biomarkers in obesity, diabetes and their complications. He is also interested in the genetics of phaeochromocytoma and paraganglioma, as well as other endocrine disorders, in Chinese patients.
- Member, Diabetes Hong Kong
- Member, Hong Kong Society of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Reproduction
- Yiu KH, Jim MH, Siu CW,Lee CH, Yuen M, Mok M, Shea YF, Fan K, Tse HF, Chow WH. Amiodarone-induced thyrotoxicosis is a predictor of adverse cardiovascular outcome.J Clin Endocrinol Metab2009, 94: 109-114
- Lee CH, Yuen MM, Chow WS, Tso AW, Yeung CK, Chan JC, Chau CH, Lam KS. A man with blistering eruption and tuberculosis.BMJ2012; 344:d8351
- Shea YF,Lee CH, Gill H, Chow WS, Lam YM, Luk HM, Lam ST, Chu LW. Delayed diagnosis of 22q11.2 deletion syndrome in an adult Chinese lady.Chin Med J2012, 125:2945-2947
- Hui E, Xu A, Chow WS,Lee CH, Fong HY, Cheung CW, Tse HF, Chau MT, Cheung BMY, Lam KSL. Hypoadiponectinaemia as an independent predictor for the progression of carotid atherosclerosis: a 5-year prospective study.Metab Syndr Relat Disord2014, 12: 517-522
- Woo YC, Cheung BMY, Yeung CY,Lee CH, Hui EYL, Fong CHY, Tso AWK, Tam S, Lam KSL. Cardiometabolic risk profile of subjects with prediabetes diagnosed by HbA1c criteria in an urban Hong Kong Chinese population over 40 years of age.Diabet Med2015 (Epub ahead of print)
- Hui E, Yeung CY,Lee CH, Woo YC, Fong CH, Chow WS, Xu A, Lam KS. Elevated circulating pigment epithelium-derived factor predicts the progression of diabetic nephropathy in patients with type 2 diabetes.J Clin Endocrinol Metab2014, 99:E2169-E2177
- Lee CH, Woo YC, Wang Y, Yeung CY, Xu A, Lam KS. Obesity, adipokines and cancer: an update.Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2014 (Epub ahead of print)
- Lee CH, Hui EYL, Woo YC, Yeung CY, Chow WS, Yuen MMA, Fong CHY, Xu A, Lam KSL. Circulating fibroblast growth factor 21 levels predict progressive kidney disease in subjects with type 2 diabetes and normoalbuminuria.J Clin Endocrinol Metab2015 (Epub ahead of print)
- Lee CH, Lam KS. Biomarkers of progression in diabetic nephropathy – the past, present and future.J Diabetes Investig2015 (Epub ahead of print)
- Lee CH, Cheung CYY, Chow WS, Woo YC, Yeung CY, Lang BHH, Fong CHY, Kwok KHM, Chen SPL, Mak CM, Tan KCB, Lam KSL. Genetics of apparently sporadic phaeochromocytoma in a Chinese population.Horm Metab Res2015 (Provisionally accepted)
- Lee CH, Woo YC, Fong CHY, Lam JKY, Cheung BMY, Lam KSL, Tan KCB. Validation of the Pooled Cohort equations in a long-term cohort study of Hong Kong Chinese.J Clin Lipidol2015 (In Press)